Christian and I have been married for just over 3 weeks now and I am already spending a night alone. : ( I actually should have spent most of last week without him, but I was sick so he was able to stay with me. I have found, after having the privilege and blessing of being able to kiss him goodnight and roll over and tell him good morning everyday that I do not care much for going to bed alone. I do not want this blog to be a soap box for my whining, there are others that have it much worse than we do. I want this to be a record of my life, marriage and more importantly the lessons God teaches us during this experience.
Let me give a little background. We have had quite the whirlwind relationship. When we first met we could not have been farther from God. Yet, he met us where we were and blessed us, unconditionally. God used each of us to help the other find our way back to him. Christian was first, God met him in his most broken moment and used him to point me in the right direction a few months later. We then stepped back and developed a lasting friendship. A friendship that is one of the most important foundations of our marriage. Over the time of a few years we found that we still had romantic feelings for each other but we were never able to make it work. We both had casual interest in other people and tried to date but we found ourselves comparing everyone to each other and they always came up short. I actually knew very early on that I was in love with Christian but he was more unsure and timid about the commitment. He is the kind of man who wants to give his family the best of himself and he did not feel he could do that back then, he wasn't ready. In those few years we went through a lot together and all of those things brought us closer and helped us see how much we meant to one another. In that time God assured me that Christian was the man he created, just for me.
One night, while he was working nights in New Orleans he sent me a text message. To sum it up, he said he was falling in love with me all over again. This was our turning point. A year and 4 months later, we're married.
Back to tonight, 12:25am I am propped up in our bed alone... And scared to face the next year this way. But I know that God will see us through and use this time to help us grow, just as He always has.
09 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment